Angus Skills Team – Employability Fund Stage 3Gillian Black
Angus Council Skills Team are looking for employers to partner up with on the Employability Fund Stage 3 programme. Supported by Skills Development Scotland, EF3 is a 12 week employability programme developed for the 16–21 age group and is at no cost to the employer offering the work placement opportunity.
The programme has been designed as a partnership opportunity with industry, where the trainee will undertake a work placement giving them invaluable work experience whilst also completing a SCQF Level 4 Qualification (Certificate of Work Readiness).
What you get
- A trainee who has a genuine interest in your industry and is looking for an opportunity to prove themselves
- 1:1 support from a Skills Advisor for both your business and for the trainee over the 10 – 12-week period
- The opportunity at the end of the work placement to either offer a Modern Apprenticeship to the trainee or paid employment
What we need
- A job description with duties that the trainee will be carrying out
- The ability to come on site regularly to support the trainee through their qualification, as well as support the employer offering the work placement
- A minimum commitment of 10 weeks at 20 hours a week for the trainee
To find out more, contact Lesley Walker.