Free Recruitment Support and Advice
Every business needs qualified people who are the right fit in terms of skills, culture, and ambition. We offer free recruitment advice and ongoing support to new and existing businesses in Angus.
Part of this support includes tailored access to the Angus labour market. We also partner with Skills Development Scotland, the Department of Work and Pensions, and various third sector organisations to help you recruit a diverse and well-trained workforce.
We work with Angus businesses like JourneyCall, Hydrus, Dawnfresh, and Abbey Fruit. They benefit from support with common recruitment challenges like:
- Advertising new roles
- Processing job applications
- Establishing an effective recruitment process
- Funding new roles
In-Work Training Allowance
The In-Work Training Allowance is part of a Scottish Government employability funding stream.
It benefits small to medium-sized businesses in Angus who are willing to employ an eligible participant who has barriers to employment.
The eligibility criteria includes (but is not limited to):
- companies must demonstrate they can offer sustained employment
- eligible participants must be offered a sustainable job with the company
- the job must be a new job that would not have been created without access to the In-Work Training Allowance
- eligible participants must be earning more than £10,000 per year (Local Authority discretion)
- the job offers employers up to £4,000 towards the cost of employing a person with barriers aged 16+ for the first 52 weeks of sustainable employment
Spaces are limited for this programme. Learn more about the In-Work Training Allowance.