Supplier Development Programme Helps Support Public SectorNeil Hardie
The Supplier Development Programme is uniquely positioned to support the public sector to engage with SMEs and supported businesses in Scotland for upcoming contracts.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, SDP has:
• moved all face-to-face training to webinar delivery wherever possible, until the end of July;
• kept cancellations of tender training to a minimum;
• postponed Meet the Buyer to Tuesday, 8 June 2021;
• successfully organised a Meet the Buyer 2020: Live Virtual Event on 2 June 2020; and
• issued news, contract opportunities and more to suppliers through media releases and blogs on the SDP website.
SDP would like to work with you as buyers as you consider what is critical in upcoming procurement, and help you engage with the supplier base. This engagement continues to be offered as free core tender training via webinar, but where a different approach is required, SDP can also design bespoke sessions that are aligned to specific upcoming contracts.
SDP is keen to support our members and has widened our online offerings to include:
• hosting procurement surgeries on behalf of members via webinar;
• organising topical procurement Q&A sessions with suppliers on a particular subject with panel of SDP trainers on hand to answer questions;
• Talking Tenders with buyers that look at how to do business with your organisation; and
• aligned, bespoke tender training via webinar – linked to your particular upcoming contract opportunities.
It is important to us, as it is to you, to ensure that public sector procurement continues to be as open and transparent as possible, despite the additional challenges our society is currently facing.
We continue to position SDP as the foremost free tender training organisation in Scotland and to deliver our on-going programme of training and webinars.
To get in touch with SDP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org which will ensure that you get the quickest response – especially as the SDP Team is working remotely.