The Tay Cities Engineering Partnership (TCEP)
The Tay Cities Engineering Partnership (TCEP) has an ambition to bring together the expertise of key private and public engineering facilities across Tayside in a new collaboration. This collaboration will drive up the skills and technology base of the sector so it becomes more competitive in an international marketplace.
The project will enable the exchange of expertise between industry and education, accelerating the pace of research and development (R&D) and, crucially, delivering benefits to businesses and the economy.
The project aims to:
- create a state-of-the-art centre for training, demonstration and product prototyping
- help increase the uptake of companies using digital technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques for design, prototyping and Proof Of Concept
- increase awareness of employment opportunities in the engineering and manufacturing sector
- increase those gaining vocational/non-vocational qualifications in alignment with industry needs
TCEP will build on the great tradition of engineering innovation within the region. It aims to help deliver a step-change required by Industry 4.0 to:
- meet the capability needs of the sector and its employers
- upskill the region
- encourage R&D
- promote the opportunities of a career in engineering