Know All About It
Know how to keep up to date and become an Open expert
- Check out The Open timeline at https://www.theopen.com/Spectators/Planning-your-day which will tell you exactly what is happening and when.
- Sign up to The Open email newsletter at theopen.com/News
- The “News” section on the official Open website has concise and up-to-date information on The Open along with interviews and announcements at theopen.com/News
- Keep up-to-date by following @Carnoustiecntry and @TheOpen on Twitter or like @carnoustiecountry or @The-Open-Championship on Facebook.
Know what resources are available
Top tips for spectators from www.theopen.com/spectators/advice
- Download the The Open mobile app and bring your headphones for the live video and radio broadcasts.
- Check theopen.com before departing to the course for the latest travel updates.
- WiFi is available on the course.
- Grandstand seats will be located around the course.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and wet weather clothing.
Further visitor information will be available on www.carnoustiecountry.com , including accommodation availability.
The Open Hospitality.
As The Open returns to Scotland in 2018, Angus Council wishes to ensure that all businesses in the region remain vigilant to unsolicited approaches by unofficial operators who often target local businesses with offers of discounted rates due to a “cancellation”.
Fans are often left disappointed when they discover that they have purchased tickets with no guarantee of entry and on-course hospitality that transpires to be several miles from the course.
We advise all businesses in the region to check with The Open Hospitality team before making a purchase to ensure the company selling packages are accredited resellers of official hospitality.
To find out more about hospitality experiences, contact The Open hospitality team on +44 (0) 844 371 0883, email Hospitality@TheOpen.com or visit www.TheOpen.com/Hospitality for further information.Concession tickets are available for under 25s (age 16-24) and children under the age of 16 attend The Open free of charge when accompanied by an adult. To purchase tickets visit www.TheOpen.com/Tickets .
Know about branding.
- As organiser of The Open, The R&A exclusively holds all of the operating rights for the event and the R&A group companies exclusively hold the operating rights of The “Open”, “Claret Jug” and “R&A” trademarks.
- Commercial use of these marks by a third party, even if only in reference, is only possible with the expressed consent of The Championship Committee Merchandising Limited, who grants such a use to its partners, subject to certain conditions. More information on R&A trademarks is available at theopen.com/Legal/Trademarks
- Business Companion provides information for businesses about trading standards legislation. In addition to information about trademarks there are quick and in depth guides about a selection of subjects that apply to your business. See this business companion guide for more detailed advice.
- For direct advice about branding from the Angus Council trading standards team call 03452 777 778.
Talk to your staff
- It’s not just about you being Open literate, make sure the staff around you are just as aware by hosting meetings where The Open is on the agenda.
- Circulate The Open newsletters around your team or print a copy and put it on your staff noticeboard.
- You could designate your own “Open Champion”, who is that one person who staff members know who to come to for The Open information.